A good fruit crisp is probably my favorite summertime dessert! I love how fruit tastes after it’s been baked and with cinnamon….mmmmmm! You can do a lot of different fruits in this. I just happened to have some apples and peaches that needed to be used up. But berries would be amazing. I love combining fruits like I did this time.
Ingredients for fruit mixture:
- 4 cups fruit of your choice. Cut/sliced up if needed.
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Ingredients for topping:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour (or flour of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F.
Combine fruit, honey & cinnamon in medium mixing bowl. Mix together well and spread in medium sized casserole dish or pie plate.
In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, butter, honey & cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of fruit mixture. Bake 20 minutes, or until golden on top.
I put a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt on mine 😍 It’s very crumbly as it has far less butter & sweetener than traditional recipes. So consider serving in a bowl. It’s pretty delicious! I would even say this would be an excellent breakfast dish!
My sidekick an I made some clean eating crepes and I was so impressed with how they turned out. The things that first come to mind to fill them with aren’t necessarily clean..but we filled ours with fresh raspberries that we heated up, thin sliced bananas and vanilla Greek yogurt. Heavenly!
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used coconut/almond milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp. oil (I used coconut oil)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk everything together.
- They should be thin, like a tortilla…the batter will be runny.
- Ladle some batter slowly into an oiled, non-stick pan. Rotate the pan to get the batter to spread thinly over the entire base of the skillet.
- Cook on low to medium heat, flipping as needed until cooked.
- Place the cooked crepe on a plate, add your favorite fillings, and either roll them up like a burrito or fold them into quarters
Easy peasy <3 This recipe is great for a special breakfast or a healthy dessert. SO many things you could put inside…berries, pears, peaches, bananas… mmmmm!