Here’s a great twist on chili! Love the flavor from the cumin in this and it’s perfect to freeze. It was a big family hit!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 8oz green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 15oz cans great northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cans corn, drained
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp each salt & pepper
- 3 large chicken breasts
Place all ingredients except yogurt and toppings into the crockpot. Cook on low 6-7 hours.
Remove chicken and shred. Return to the crock pot.
In a blender, purée 1 cup chili with the cup of Greek yogurt. Add purée to Chili and mix well.
Cook 15 minutes then serve!
My hubby and I are really loving this whole Paleo thing. I am feeling amazing…more energy, lean, just plain healthy. The more I research Paleo, the better I like it. Particularly for things that I see so many people struggle with like hormone issues, issues stemming from inflammation and energy issues.
This recipe was a hit! I was a little skeptical because
A) I HATE carrots!
and B) there are NO beans!
But, the flavor was so DELISH! And who doesn’t like a super easy meal you can throw in the crock pot?!
- 1.5 pounds grass-fed beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, shredded (you could chop small if you prefer)
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
- 4oz diced green chilies (I used fire roasted…sensing a theme here? 🙂
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I used A-1…yum!!!)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cumin