Who doesn’t love a good peanut butter cookie?! These are like Larabars & once again super easy to make! (I like easy, low maintenance if you haven’t noticed!)
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup raisins
1 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup unsalted peanuts
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips *optional
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until moist and well mixed. Scoop dough out by the heaping teaspoonful. I like using a cookie dough scoop. Place each scoop on a tray lined with parchment paper and squish with a fork (just like regular peanut butter cookies). These are ready to eat!! I put mine in an air tight container an either freeze or keep in the fridge. Such a yummy healthy snack or even breakfast!
Banana bread is one of my favs. We usually have some in the freezer for snacks. I make it “healthier” by reducing the butter, using 1/2 whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt and adding flax. THIS recipe, however, doesn’t even use flour! Plus, it was super easy. I am a big fan of super easy! Here ya go!
3 ripe bananas
2 Tbsp honey
3/4 cup oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 scoops chocolate Shakeology (you can use vanilla too!)
Preheat oven to 35oF. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease with butter or coconut oil.
Blend oats in blender or food processor to make into a powder. Add this with all the remaining ingredients and mix well in food processor or with electric mixer.
Should make enough for 12 muffins.
Bake 18-20 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.
21 Day Fix containers per muffin:
1/2 purple, 1/3 red, 1/3 yellow, 1/2 tsp honey
1.5 g fat
3.3 g protein
12.8 g carbs
I am one to carry health snacks with me AT ALL TIMES. I do NOT like being caught without some FUEL! It’s a blood sugar thing. I often buy Lara Bars (yummm0!). I also make some peanut butter protein bars that I am madly in love with. However, they do pack a punch in terms of calories. And..it’s not easy to just have one (like I said…madly in love). These guys pack a punch nutrition-wise, but not so much on the calorie end of things (yay!).
4 scoops Shakeology (I used vanilla, but have heard chocolate is amazing in this recipe)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup craisins or raisins (unsweetened)
1/3 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Mix up Shakeology and almond milk with whisk in medium sized bowl. Add peanut butter, and remaining ingredients. Once mixed well, spread in a 13 x 9 in pan (no need to grease). Refrigerate for an hour or so…then cut into 24 pieces.
I love taking recipes and revamping them! It’s usually pretty easy to do, although it doesn’t ALWAYS turn out wonderfully. Here’s one that did!
Please keep in mind…this is not a “clean” recipe. It has sugar and some white flour. It is greatly improved from the original recipe…but this is where I exercise my 80/20 rule! I eat clean 80% of the time and treat myself the other 20% of the time. As long as my diet is super healthy and well balanced…I will have my healthier (not perfect) zucchini bread (a portion of it) and NOT feel guilty about it or freak out! I have ice cream in my freezer pretty much all the time, people! This is part of my 20%. Do I eat the whole carton? NO. Do I sometimes want to? YES!! But, I don’t. I like to allow myself this balance. I feel better and less obsessive about what I’m eating. There are times I really clean my diet up and refocus, for sure! However, on a day to day basis I’m all about the 80/20. So…here’s a 20 recipe for ya! 😉
3 cups shredded zucchini (2 to 3 medium)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup groud flax seed*options: add1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8×4″) loaf pans…or make muffins and use muffin liners!
In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and raisins. Stir in nuts and raisins. Divide batter evenly between 8-inch pans or scoop into muffin tins with liners (I use a cookie dough scoop for this).
Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, muffins about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 10 minutes.
Soooo…what’s different here than the original recipe? (Click here for the original Betty Crocker recipe.) I cut the oil in half, cut the sugar by 2/3 cup used mostly whole wheat instead of just white flour and added flax. You could do more to make it healthier…I know plenty of people enjoy using applesauce instead of sugar. I don’t like doing this. I feel it changes the consistency of the bread too much for my taste.