Quinoa Taco Casserole
We were looking for a tasty, healthy recipe and I stumbled upon a 21 day fix friendly taco bake recipe and am happy to report…it’s delish!
Preheat oven to 350F
- 1 c. Quinoa, cook according to package
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey, or beef (we used grass fed beef)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finally chopped
- taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 16 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 & 1/3 cups shredded cheese
Cook the quinoa & set aside. Brown the meat, adding seasoning per seasoning directions. Add the chopped veggies & tomato sauce to the mixture. Bring to low boil then simmer for a few minutes. Add cooked quinoa & 1 cup of the cheese mix and spread in a 9×13 pan. Top with remaining 1/3 cup of cheese, cover with foil and cook for 20 min. Remove foil and cook another 10 min.
Let cool in pan for several min. before serving.
21 Day Fix containers (1/4 pan = 1 serving)
- 1 yellow
- 1 red
- 1/2 green
- 1 blue
We loved this! Next time we’ll double or triple the recipe and freeze some! Perfect with a salad on the side!