I have a very strong attachment to my coffee creamer. I look forward to my hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning with just the right amount of creamer. It is an integral part of my morning ritual!
I love playing with different ideas and recipes for creamers. My hubby and I started doing bulletproof coffee several months back and that’s one that he does on a fairly regular basis. Truth be told…it doesn’t take long for me to start missing my creamer!
Inspired by my coffee creamer addiction and a rainy day…here’s my latest recipe try…I’m a HUGE salted caramel fan and I thought this turned out pretty awesome!
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Bring coconut sugar and water to simmer in medium sauce pan. Stir continuously to avoid burning. Once mixture thickens a bit to a syrupy consistency, REMOVE FROM HEAT.
- Add vanilla, sea salt and about 1/3 of the coconut milk. Stir well and let mixture cool for several minutes.
- Combine Caramel mixture with remaining coconut milk in a large jar. Mix well. Make sure all the coconut milk is melted into the mixture…since it is a full-fat coconut milk you might have to heat it up just enough that it will mix in well and not result in a lumpy creamer!
- Store in fridge in sealed jar up to 1 week. Shake or stir before using as the coconut milk will separate.