Crock Pot Chili — PALEO
My hubby and I are really loving this whole Paleo thing. I am feeling amazing…more energy, lean, just plain healthy. The more I research Paleo, the better I like it. Particularly for things that I see so many people struggle with like hormone issues, issues stemming from inflammation and energy issues.
This recipe was a hit! I was a little skeptical because
A) I HATE carrots!
and B) there are NO beans!
But, the flavor was so DELISH! And who doesn’t like a super easy meal you can throw in the crock pot?!
- 1.5 pounds grass-fed beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, shredded (you could chop small if you prefer)
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
- 4oz diced green chilies (I used fire roasted…sensing a theme here? 🙂
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I used A-1…yum!!!)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cumin
- Cook beef on stove top and then add to crock pot…keep the fat too!!
- Add prepared green bell pepper, onion, carrots, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Stir all the ingredients well, then add the remaining spices and seasonings.
- Mix well, cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Goes nicely with a grain free chip, small amount of good quality cheese (depends on if you do dairy with your paleo plan), sour cream, jalapenos…
*recipe adapted from www.lowcarbyum.com/