Paleo/Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
We are taking a little walk into the Paleo side of things lately. The more research I do, the more intrigued I am by this way of life and its benefits. And so…I’ve been experimenting with some Paleo recipes. Here is a pretty darn tasty one! It got rave reviews from the donut lovers in my life! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line mini muffin pan with liners.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate, bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet gradually while stirring until combined well.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin liners (each should be about 3/4 full). *I like to use a small cookie dough scoop to distribute the batter)
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean. Cool completely before serving for best taste! Roll in cinnamon/sugar mix and ENJOY!!!
*recipe adapted from “Texanerin Baking”