My sidekick an I made some clean eating crepes and I was so impressed with how they turned out. The things that first come to mind to fill them with aren’t necessarily clean..but we filled ours with fresh raspberries that we heated up, thin sliced bananas and vanilla Greek yogurt. Heavenly!
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used coconut/almond milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp. oil (I used coconut oil)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk everything together.
- They should be thin, like a tortilla…the batter will be runny.
- Ladle some batter slowly into an oiled, non-stick pan. Rotate the pan to get the batter to spread thinly over the entire base of the skillet.
- Cook on low to medium heat, flipping as needed until cooked.
- Place the cooked crepe on a plate, add your favorite fillings, and either roll them up like a burrito or fold them into quarters
Easy peasy <3 This recipe is great for a special breakfast or a healthy dessert. SO many things you could put inside…berries, pears, peaches, bananas… mmmmm!