Coconut Crusted Chicken Strips & Sesame Broccolini
I am not interested in high maintenance food prep (or anything else high maintenance for that matter!!). This recipe is about as complicated as I get! I don’t want cooking to take up my entire evening. This one was just complicated enough for me to be fine with it 🙂 And the coconut was well worth it! I actually found this recipe on the Cooking Light site and just tweaked few things.
1 cup basmati rice & quinoa mix
2 cups chicken stock (if you are watching your sodium get salt free. I got salt-free and regretted it…sodium is not an issue for me so I just added salt.)
Cook according to directions on package
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 12 (1/2-inch-thick) strips
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tbsp mayonnaise (don’t freak out about this…this little amount of mayo won’t kill you & this sauce is YUMMY!)
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp hot sauce (I used Frank’s)
2 tsp soy sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place a foil-lined baking sheet in oven as it preheats.
2. Place flour, egg whites in two separate shallow dishes. Place the coconut and panko mixed in a shallow dish.
3. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Cover each piece of chicken in flour; dip in egg whites then in panko/coconut mixture, pressing to adhere. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet; coat chicken with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 450° for 6 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Serve chicken with dipping sauce and rice.
IngredientsDirections Sesame Broccolini:
1 Pound trimmed broccolini
1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp sesame or peanut oil (I used peanut oil an it was delish!)
1/4 tsp sea salt
Boil broccoli just until cooked but still crisp (about 3 min). Drain. Sprinkle remaining ingredients over broccolini and toss to coat.